Internet videos created to promote mobile homes, chewing gum, beer and tech products are high on the list of the top-10 viral and up-and-coming-viral campaigns selected by video-content distributorGoviral as the most interesting and innovative in November 2009.
The videos on the list – which continue to reflect the global potential of online video, are primarily focused on food/beverage products and technology in the run-up to the holiday season. As in previous months, they employ a variety of approaches to grab and hold viewers’ attention – including using natural imagery, pop-culture and sports references, music, Christmas icons, and the comic creation of “chaos and joy in public places.”
As was also case with the top viral videos in October 2009, the videos, which were produced on various continents, continue to highlight the international nature of viral video and illustrate how various companies are using these vehicles to build global brand awareness that attempts to span cultures and ethnicities.
The top 10 picks for November, with links to view on YouTube:
- Cullman Liquidation – Mobile Homes, agency: Rhett & Link
- ‘Improv Everywhere’ & Trident – Grocery Store Musical, agency: Improv Everywhere
- Guinness – Bring it to Life, agency: AMV BBDO, London
- Verizon – Misfit Toys, agency: McCann-Erickson, New York
- Nokia N900 – The Journey Starts Here, agency: The Mill
- Vodafone – Vodafone Symphonia, agency: Colenso BBDO, Auckland
- Heineken – Know The Signs, agency: Ruby
- Toshiba – Space Chair Project, agency: Grey London
- Telekom Malaysia – Through My Window, agency: DraftFCB Malaysia, Universal McCann
- Samsung – Hardest Hockey Shot, agency: Cheil Worldwide
About the rankings: Goviral issues a monthly top-10 list of viral video rankings on its site, including additional commentary about the videos, their approaches and why the firm thinks they are viral or likely to become viral in the future.
looking for the source? click here